This tutorial is for a double layered comb quilled flower with 3 petals. You can add 2 more petals like the one in Butterfly Garden, if you like.
- Take 3, 11.5 ' strips each of 2 colors.
- Tear in half and paste to the other color to get 6 double colored strips as in Pic1.
- Take a comb with loosely spaced teeth. Thread the strip down, starting with the darker color, through a tooth in the mid section of the comb and bring it back up as in Pic2.Start threading to the left as shown in the pic.
- Leave the end of the strip loose as shown in Pic2 and apply a bit of glue on the top part of this end.
- Now fold the strip over the tooth as shown in pic 3 and glue it over the end as shown to form a loop on the left side. ( Pic 3 is shown after the second loop in the next step is created)
- Now skip over 2 teeth and thread the strip under the other tooth and back up ( Pic3), pull back and paste after applying glue as shown in Pic4 to form the loop on the right side ( 2nd loop).
7. At this point if you turn the comb over, it should look like Pic 5 which shows the left or 1st loop, the 2 teeth you skipped and the right or 2nd loop.
8. Now bring the strip to the left and thread through the tooth just next to ( going outwards) the one already threaded ( Pic 6).
9. Pic 7 shows the way it should look after 3 teeth are threaded or 3 loops are made
10. Continue the same process, creating the loops alternately on either side, till you have made 5 loops on the left and 4 on the right. ( See pic 8 & 9)
10 . Remove from comb with a forceps and make sure they are aligned one on top of the other as shown in Pic10.
11. Now fold the petal in the middle so that the longest loops meet in the centre and paste the long loops one to the other and make the petal as in Pic11.