READ IN YOUR LANGUAGE

Join My Blog or Follow Me on Pinterest For Update Of Next New Technique Tutorial

Friday, April 12, 2013

Quilled Flowers Nature Picture Art - Lilac & Butterflies

A quilled Flower Frame of Lilac and Butterflies inspired by the many quilled lilac  and vector pics I have seen. All the quilling I saw were of layered lilac flowers made from basic shapes, so I wanted to do it differently.

 Initially I thought of graphic quilling like the flowers in Blue Bird in a Bower, but it seemed  tedious  to do so many tiny flowers with strips, so I changed my mind and settled for using basic shapes. But, instead of making the flowers and layering, I glued the petals individually to form the bunch and I was amazed at the results. It looked layered!! Though this is the first time I have made flowers in 2d I am happy it looks like it has depth.


I have graphic quilled the leaves and have used  dark and light strips to get the tonal effects.

The butterflies are quilled with a combination of crimped and regular strips.

Love to have your feedback on this one too.

24 comments:

  1. Excellent! It's so long in my plan but never arrives at the queue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely beautiful! Love the butterflies, the crimp/straight mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty liliacs....love it a lot...apt for spring!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! Have you used 2 colours of purple for the lilacs? They look very pretty with the shadow effect on the lower layer.

    Nupur, Thrilling Quilling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have used color to get depth just like in swan lake. I have actually used 3 shades of purple and glued a few green twigs to get the depth.

      Delete
  5. It is so beautiful Cristine...It looks real..nd tht butterflies are also beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is totally gorgeous ...love the colors and the intricacy of the design ..those butterflies are so beautiful too!!..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOw ! Superb quilling once again !I loved the idea to use petals for layering effect ,It looks so nice .I liked the leaves specially !

    ReplyDelete
  8. yet another gorgeous picture, love how you did the petals, they look awesome ,they do look layered !!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely,Christine!! lavender happens to be my favorite color, can never resist anything in shades of purple/ purple pink....and my dream is to visit a lavender field....and here you have brought it to life!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! It looks beautiful! I love the butterflies. :DD
    sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. very realistic, I love the leaves best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christine
    This is stunning!! Love all the gorgeous colors and variations of color.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Pretty Christine ..The layered petals as a bunch looks awesome .

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing Christine .Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This is really gorgeous! Love it Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Remarkable detailing Christine. Love the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you all for your awesome comments I am truly inspired by you all.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chris, this is an absolutely charming frame! I started to make lilac flowers last summer, but unfortunately I didn't have enough purple shades. It ended up looking very flat and eventually I abandoned the project. But now seeing your wonderful flowers I am determined to finish it, thank you so much for the inspiration!

    Hugs!
    Manu

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips For BloggersBlogger Tricks
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 50 Countries Visiting

Free counters!